Physics Department Scholarships
Physics Department Undergraduate Tuition Waiver
Deadline: January 31. This scholarship is open to new or continuing undergraduates in physics, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or, veteran status. Award level varies.
Aldo Migone, Morteza Daneshdoost, Marvin Zeman Scholarship
The Aldo Migone, Morteza Daneshdoost, Marvin Zeman Scholarship is open to all applicants with the following qualifications:
1. A current Graduate Assistant in the Department of Physics
2. Minimum 3.5 GPA in core courses
3. Scholarship can only be received one time throughout a student’s graduate studies at SIU Carbondale
4. Must have good student evaluation in teaching or teaching related duties as determined by the selection committee; such evaluations will come from the students and faculty supervisors
5. Must have a proven record of research productivity, including authorship of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
Benton K. Berry Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is open to new or continuing undergraduate applicants in physics, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or, veteran status. Award level varies
Robert & Teresa Zitter Physics Scholarship Fund
An award to an outstanding undergraduate major in Physics, or an award to an outstanding graduate major in Physics, or to support Physics research activities. The scholarship recipient will be selected by a committee under the supervision of the departmental chair. Award level varies
William C. Ballow, Sr. Memorial Award in Physics
The William C. Ballowe, Sr. Memorial Award in Physics is awarded to a junior or senior student majoring in Physics. Award level varies
How To apply for Scholarships
The Physics Undergraduate Tuition Waiver must be applied for though the Application for Physcis Department Undergraduate Tuition Waiver .
All scholarshiops may be applied for though the SIU General Scholarship Application. See site for details and deadlines.