Emeritus Research Professor
Office: Neckers 458A
Hours: By appointment
Lab: Neckers 402B
Phone: 618-536-2117 (Office) or 618-453-7126 (Lab)
- Use of Synchrotron Radiation in Magnetic and Superconductivity Studies
- Colossal Magnetoresistance
- Photoinduced Magnetization and Molecular Magnets
- Permanent Magnetic Materials
- Electrical, Magnetic, and Thermal Properties of Magnetically ordered Rare Earth Compounds
- Study of Spiln-Glass and Re-entrant Magnetic Phase Transitions
- Valence Fluctuations, Heavy Fermionnd Kondo Lattice in YbSi2, CeSi x, UPt1-x Pd1 and like systems
- Evolution of Mn Magnetic Moments in RMn2 (R=Rare Earth Y1-xRxMn2 Systems
Field: Low Temperature-Solid State Physics
Degree: PhD, 1984, University of Alberta
At SIUC Since: 1986
"Colossal Magnetoresistance in Ce doped Maganese Oxides," by J. R. Gebhardt, S. Roy and N. Ali, J. Appl. Phys. 85, 5390 (1999).
"Magnetic phase diagrams of erbium," by B. H. Frazer, J. R. Gebhardt and N. Ali, J. Appl. Phys. 85, 6100-6102 (1999).
"Magnetic properties of RTSb3," by Michael Leonard, Shibaji Saha and N. Ali, J. Appl. Phys. 85, 4759-4761 (1999).
"Magnetic and Crystallographic Properties of LaNi5-xFex," by C. Y. Tai, G. K. Marasinghe, O. A. Pringle, W. J. James, Mingxing Chen, W. B. Yellon, J. Gebhardt and N. Ali, IEEE Transactions of Magnetics, 35, 3346-3348 (1999).
"Local structure of Yni2B2C superconductor determined by x-ray adsorption spectroscopy," by A. Yu. Ignatov, N. Ali, M. Tischer, A. V. Tsvyashchenko and L. N. Foricheva, Phys. Rev. B, 1, 3175 (2000).