Applying to the Program
Download the Application Instructions and Information (pdf).
Follow the application instructions and complete the online appliocation with the SIUC Graduate school.
Requirements for Admission
GPA Requirements: Master's Program 2.70 or higher GPA, Doctoral Program 3.25 or highter GPA.
- Application Fee: $65
- GRE Scores: Master's Program: Optoinal Doctoral Program: General Required.
- TOEFL or IELT Test for Internation Applicatnts: Must be taken within 2 years of date of requested admission.
- TOEFL Score Minimums: Paper 550, Computer 220, Internet 80.
- IELTS Test Score Minimum: 6.5
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Confidential Report / Financial statement required for international applicants.
Transcripts and Diplomas
Unofficial documents may be uploaded to electronic application. If offered admission, official documents must be mailed directly to the Physics department at the address below:
Graduate Committee Chair
Department of Physics, SIUC
1245 Lincoln Dr.
Carbondale, IL 62901-4401 USA
General Physics Department Email: firstname.lastname@example.org